Wednesday, September 16, 2009

21 Praises to Tara

Several people have asked about the "21 Praises to Tara", which many of us have been practicing for Rinpoche's long life (and which we will also be practicing during a 10-day Tara retreat at SSRC in December).

Here are some resources available online that you might find interesting and helpful if you are doing this practice:
  • Chants for the 21 Praises to Tara, including both slow/fast versions (by Erik Pema Kunsang, here)
  • Pictures and descriptions of each of the 21 Taras (available here). As the site notes, " Basically the colors are a code for the 4 activities: pacifying (white), enriching (yellow), subjugating (red) and eliminating (black.) Mixed colors such as orange indicate a combination of qualities"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this Blog on Tara Practice. May I translate it into portuguese? I was looking for info on the practice since DKR told me to do it
    I'm Ruth Saldanha, student of DKR. I'm in Brazil and I can ask Sheyla Costa to double check the translation.

    ReplyDelete